Saturday, August 8, 2009

Beef Taco Skillet

I finally started cooking again! I got this recipe from enrichment. They gave us several easy recipes you can throw together with what you usually find in food storage (if you have such a thing). I just made this tonight. It was fast and yummy.

Amber's Beef Taco Skillet

  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 can (10 3/4oz.) tomato soup
  • 1/2 c. salsa
  • 1/2 c. water
  • 6 flour tortillas (6") cut into bite size pieces
  • 1/2 c. shredded cheese (I'm always liberal with cheese)
  • 1/2 c. sour cream
Cook beef until well browned. Drain (if desired). Stir in soup, salsa, water, sour cream, and tortillas. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes. Stir. Top with cheese. (I just added cheese to each bowl when I served it.)
Makes 4 servings.

Notes: We decided next time we would add taco seasoning to the meat. I think it would also be yummy to throw some fresh diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce as toppings. We ate it in bowls, but I wonder if it would be good over rice?

No comments:

Post a Comment