Friday, August 14, 2009

Anniversary Chicken I

Justin said this was one of his favorite meals ever. It makes us miss Hawaii. And I love that I could throw this together with stuff I already have in my kitchen.

Anniversary Chicken I
From Allrecipes.com, introduced to us by Stacy Christian
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1/2 c. teriyaki basting sauce
  • 1/2 c. Ranch-style salad dressing
  • 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
  • 3 green onions, chopped
  • 1.5 oz. bacon bits
  • 1 T. chopped fresh parsley, for garnish [yeah right]
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts, and saute 4-5 minutes each side, until lightly browned.
Place browned chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Brush with teriyaki sauce, then spoon on salad dressing. Sprinkle with cheese, green onions and bacon bits.
Bake 25-35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Garnish with parsley and serve.

Notes: What is the point of a garnish, really? Didn't have one and it still tasted great. I also didn't have green onions in my kitchen, so I used a little of a white one instead. I just added as much ranch dressing, bacon bits, and cheese that I felt like adding. I probably used too much ranch. We'll be making this again. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment