Friday, April 12, 2013

Stuffed Sweet Potato Salad

So so good. And a nice change of flavor for our dinner table.  I rarely make my own dressings, so it was fun to feel a little more domestic by doing it with this salad.

Stuffed Sweet Potato Salad 
Adapted from this blog
 
Ingredients:
  • 4 small sweet potatoes or yams, baked
  • 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 cup corn*
  • 3 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
  • For the Vinaigrette:
  • 2 limes, zested and juiced
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • 2 teaspoons honey
  • 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (I used Sriracha)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper 
Directions:
  1. In a bowl, add the black beans, corn, onions, and cilantro. Stir to combine. 
  2. In a smaller bowl, mix together the lime zest and juice, oil, honey, adobo, salt and pepper. 
  3. Pour over the black bean mixture and toss to combine. 
  4. Slice open the baked sweet potatoes. 
  5. Stuff potatoes with the Chipotle Black Bean & Corn Salad. Serve.

Notes: I did not have adobo sauce, so I used Sriracha. It seemed to have similar ingredients. I also didn't want to wait to bake the potato, so I tried microwaving them. It turned out great! I poked holes in the potatoes with a fork, put a paper towel over them (always afraid of explosions), and cooked it for five minutes on each side (total of ten minutes). Justin didn't notice a difference in taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment