Monday, July 26, 2010

Ice Cream Sandwiches

I got this idea from 101 Things To Do With a Cake Mix, p. 117. I changed some things.

Ice Cream Sandwiches

  • 1 Box of your favorite chocolate cake mix (I used Triple Chocolate)
  • 1/3 C. Oil
  • 2 Eggs
  • Vanilla Ice Cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together cake mix, oil, and eggs in a large bowl. The dough will be stiff.
Lightly flour a clean surface. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin until it is about 1/2 inch thick. Use a round cup or cookie cutter to cut out uniform cookies. Spray a cookie sheet with vegetable oil. Place the cutout dough on the pan.
Bake 8-10 minutes. Remove cookies onto a cooling rack. When cool, place a scoopful of ice cream in-between two cookies. Wrap the sandwiches in plastic wrap. Store cookies in a an airtight container in the freezer.

Note:
We did open-faced sandwiches. Next time I will make some hot fudge to top it off. I may even use other ice cream flavors. Justin said this was the best dessert I'd ever made :)

No comments:

Post a Comment