Sunday, October 25, 2009

German Pancake


I wanted Justin to get in touch with his heritage. I have to add a picture because I don't want to forget my shock at the way this thing looked when it came out of the oven. I opened the oven and the fire alarm went off simultaneously, so it added to the effect. We liked it! I think I would only have it for breakfast, not dinner. It didn't fill Justin up too much.

German Pancake
from Jonesboro Ward Relief Society, Margie Mayfield
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 c. flour
  • 1 c. milk
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 T. sugar
  • 1/4 tsp. vanilla
  • 6 T. butter

Melt 6 Tblspoons butter in a 9x13 pan. Heat in the oven while mixing batter. Mix other ingredients and pour in the pan. Bake at 450 for 20 minutes (I did for 12 minutes and it was fine. I might look for a different opinion next time of time and temp.). Serve with syrup or fresh peaches or strawberries. (We used vanilla yogurt and peaches, and liked it.)

1 comment:

  1. I love making those. It's fun to watch them roll up the sides. The kids love it.

    ReplyDelete