Wednesday, February 25, 2009

London Broil

I wasn't very satisfied with this one, but I would change a few things about how I cook it. I would not grill the meat, I would cook it in the oven so it was more tender. I also need to learn how to make gravy, because this one was just runny and separated every five seconds. It tasted good though. I served it with mashed potatoes, seasoned asparagus, and spinach salad with grapes, tomatoes, and poppy seed dressing. Justin ate it like a champ.

London Broil
from COOKS.COM

  • 4lb. flank steak
  • 1pkg. meat marinade (I had to use a steak marinade- couldn't find meat marinade pkg.)
  • 1/4 c. oil
  • Dash catsup
  • Dash Worcestershire sauce
  • Dash seasoning salt
  • Dash garlic (opt.)
  • Dash liquid smoke
  • 1 pkg. teriyaki marinade sauce (I used liquid)

Mix meat marinade, teriyaki marinade, oil, atsup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and liquid smoke together. Add enough water to make 2 cups. Place meat in casserole dish. Pour marinade over the meat and let set about 8 hours, turning once. Cook on grill 25 minutes at 350-375 degrees.

Gravy:
  • 1/3 c. Marinade (I remixed a smaller batch instead of using the one the raw meat sat in for 8 hours)
  • 2 cans consomme soup
  • 1/4 c. red cooking wine (I substituted apple juice)
  • 3T cornstarch

Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Serve over meat or baked potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment