Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Quick and Easy Apple Crisp

Quick and Easy. Just my style. Made this for a dinner party, and everyone really liked it. It only took me about ten minutes to prepare, and it took that long because of all the peeling and slicing.

Quick and Easy Apple Crisp
from 101 Things to Do With a Cake Mix, p. 113
  • 4-6 apples (about 6 cups)
  • 1 yellow cake mix
  • 1/2 c quick oats
  • 2 t sugar
  • 1 T cinnamon
  • 1/2 c butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Peel, core, and slice apples. Spread over the bottom of a greased 8x8-inch pan.
Mix cake mix, oats, sugar, and cinnamon together in large bowl. Pour melted butter over the top. mix with fork until crumbly.
Bake 35-40 minutes, until apples are tender and top is golden brown.

Notes: I barely cooked this for 35 minutes, and it was kind of crumbly/powdery. I served it with ice cream and that kept all the powder contained. I will cook it longer next time. I used three large gala apples to make it this time, and it seemed like plenty. Maybe I could have done four and had more juices cooking. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment