Saturday, September 5, 2009

Cranberry-orange Pork Chops

Simple, light, quick, good. I now have all the ingredients in my kitchen, so it's a good last-minute recipe. (Justin's mom got us this cookbook. Her hometown catholic church is celebrating 100 years next year, so they made a cookbook from all the German, Czech, Dutch, and Bohemian families in the area. I like it!)

Cranberry-orange Pork Chops
by Emily Bartunek from the Bountiful Blessings cook book from Dante, South Dakota
  • 6 boneless pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick
  • 1/4 t. salt
  • 1/4 t. pepper
  • 1 T oil
  • 1 (11 oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained
  • 1/2 c. chicken broth
  • 1/2 c. dried cranberries
  • 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
  • 1/4 tsp. paprika
Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chips in oil on both sides. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Prep/total time 25 minutes. Yield 6 servings.

Notes: I added more broth for more sauce. I was also liberal with the dried cranberries. Next time I will throw in some corn starch after I'm done cooking to make the juices thicker. I served this with brown rice this time, maybe mashed potatoes or some pasta would taste good also as a side. I will also mix the broth, the paprika, and allspice before I pour them in the pan next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment